CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Strange Folk Festival 2008




This years Strange Folk Festival was AMAZING! I have to bow to the coordinator Autumn Wiggins, aka the "Strange Girl in Charge", for doing a outstanding job of organizing this event. The music was GREAT and the vendors were all SUPER!
This was my first time being a vendor at any festival and I had a FANTASTIC time! The music was an awesome backdrop to the many talented artists and fantastic patrons.  My wonderful family joined me on this trip and had a great time experiencing the recycled craft areas (making shrinky dinks and plastic flowers), visiting alpacas and the sandbox, convieniently located right behind my table, and watching the weaving, spinning and pottery demonstrations.  My husband Steve, self-proclaimed stellar produce bag seller, was on hand to give me a much needed break. My daughter, Kylie, was enthralled by all of the handmade items and vows to make her own art to sell sometime soon (maybe for my next show in November).  Kaitlyn, well....she mostly took naps and played in the sand, but she made an adorable backdrop to my table and my customers oohed and ahhhed over her....cute kids always find a way of drawing attention.  They were both convieniently dressed in dresses that I made for them, so the extra publicity was a bonus.


Here I am with all my wares:


Here is Kylie, my "Helper Gnome":

A close up of my wares:

And, finally, the girls from whence the inspiration comes (my Strange Gnomies):